26 Sep

never-forgetShortly after writing up the “Ten RPG Games … ” article, I gave into my temptations and went to play Xenosaga III: Also Sprach Zarathustra. I dug out my PS2, opened up X:III, found my wireless controller and found this waiting for me inside. (Warning: the following photos may not be suitable for children or the elderly.)


That, my friends, is a big pile of un-goodness. Two fully-charged batteries were inside one of the best wireless PS2 controllers, and they were left to die in there by some . . . MONSTER. And now, my Logitech PlayStation 2 Cordless Action Controller is dead.

So, my geek advice for all you retro gamers out there, make absolutely sure you’ve removed all the batteries from your older battery-controlled devices if they are no longer in regular use. I know this sounds like a “no brainer,” but accidents can and will happen.

6 thoughts on “Geek Advice: Lament the Lost Controller”

    1. On a side note, after reading this post, I ran and took all the batteries out of my walkie-talkies.

  1. Same thing happened with my dear sweet fat gray Gameboy. However the old fella still kicks like a charm. A simple battery acid leak/residue won’t stop me from playing Super Mario Land, Tetris, and Kirby’s Dreamland 2. Lethal infections be damned…

Comments are closed.