Like the Avengers or the Justice League, a slot on a Capcom cross-over fighter roster is a treasured and highly sought-after position in the fields of super heroes and world warriors. And, according to the latest Game Informer issue; Deadpool, Dante (young Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening skin), Felicia (Darkstalkers), and Captain America can count themselves among the combatants for the upcoming Marvel vs. Capcom 3. The magazine “Impressions” spread also includes a lot of gameplay updates on the title, as well as some sweet new screens, all of which can be found after the jump.
• MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists.
• The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types, just like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
• MvC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TvC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay.
• The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.
• Deadpool’s teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.
• Chris Redfield uses his weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the “shock stick.”
• Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks’ Supers are shown.
What characters do you want most in Marvel vs. Capcom 3? Pitch your inclusions below!
7 thoughts on “Dante, Deadpool Confirmed in Marvel vs. Capcom 3”
Now if we could figure out the outlines in the background that would be awesome. I see Chun-Li and Deadpool back there, and I am gonna guess that Frank West on the right and M. Bison in there as well.
I would hope that they keep it to 3 characters and not bring it down to 2 like in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. The two characters work for TvC, but MVC3 really needs to keep three characters. Oh, and they really need to either take out Ice Man or make him not so cheap (stupid freezing moves).
It’s almost here! I hope they don’t move like mortal combat characters… -_-
What, you mean painfully slow? Well if it is any indication, the versus Capcom games usually have fast speeds to them, so no worries, well I hope at least.
Yes, basically like that… Or stiff movements… But you’re right, Street Fighter IV didn’t turn out like that so I guess it’d be fine with this one.
can’t wait to play as deadpool
Eventually, the game gets reduced to having only about 5 to 8 useful characters… I hope it wouldn’t turn out that way as with Marvel vs Capcom 2.
Or the same amount of characters that have unbreakable combos. Seriously that is annoying.
Comments are closed.