If you are satisfied with how your current setup depicts the various sounds of your gaming experience, Sony may have what you’re looking for down the pipeline. Available starting next week, the simply titled “Sony Surround Sound System for PS3” comes complete with attached sub-woofer and a truckload of intriguing tech meant to elicit the greatest tonal thrills that come with all kinds of gaming. For the full list of specs and features, including suggested retail price, follow the jump.
- Proprietary S-Force technology creates the equivalent of a surround sound system
- Four sound fields (standard, stereo, vivid, dynamic) and two sound modes (night, dialog) designed specifically for gaming
- 2.1 channels
- Integrated subwoofer for added convenience
- Sleek and compact design matching PS3 system aesthetics
- Sound Fields
- Dynamic: Delivers tones in a wide spectrum of frequencies from low to high creating a more dynamic sound experience.
- Standard: Calibrates game audio to match the sound quality originally defined.
- Vivid: Provides the most wide range of sounds while enhancing the surround channels.
- Stereo: Designed for games which utilize 2-channel stereo sound.
- Sound Modes
- Night: This feature allows users to hear sounds clearly at low volume levels
- Dialog: This feature provides greater clarity for speech and narration in games and movies.
- Inputs and Outputs
- Analog Audio Input: 1
- Optical Audio Input: 1
Audio Power Specifications
- Power Output: 50W
- L/R: 10W/10W
- Subwoofer: 30W
- Digital Amplifier: Yes
- 18V DC (100V – 240V AC using the supplied AC power cord)
- In standby mode: 0.5W or less
Audio Formats Supported:
- Dolby® Digital
- MPEG-2 AAC
- Linear PCM (2ch)*
Suggested Retail Price (as listed on BestBuy.com): $180