Report filed by Rakan Stanbouly
According to their developer blog, The Behemoth has just announced that their hit XBLA/PSN release, Castle Crashers, will be heading towards Valve’s Steam store in the near future. As of now, there is no specific release date, and according to a whimsical rhyme by Dan Paladin, the game’s chief developer, “I’d say a release date but the future’s unknown. If I make a mistake I shall never atone.”
According to the dev blog, players of this new version of the game can expect:
- Integrated voice chat
- Steam Achievements
- Gamepad support
- Steam Cloud Support
- Local and Online Multiplayer
- Colorful hand drawn 2D visuals!
- Over 30 levels plus five arena modes
- Unlock more than 25 characters and over 40 weapons!
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game.
- Experience system: Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Animal orbs: These adorable little companions each add different abilities to aid you on your journey
- Arena mode: Battle other players in free-for-all or team matches with four unique modes to choose from!
- Insane Mode: Test your skills in the ultimate campaign challenge.
A playable demo will be available at both GamesCom and PAX Prime later this year, along with The Behemoth’s new IP, Battleblock.