Bethesda has released a new update for The Evil Within on PC, which introduces several new options to the game.
The update adds an option which allows players to toggle between running the game at a 30 FPS cap or a 60 FPS cap. It also adds an option to disable the game’s letterbox black bars as well as fixes for some issues.
- Frame lock settings added – In settings, you can now toggle between a 30 FPS and 60 FPS cap.
- Letterbox setting – UI toggle to disable the letterbox bars
- Fixes gameplay issues when running at 30 FPS
- Fixes for visual issues associated with removing letterbox framing
- Achievements now work when console is enabled
- Fix for game starting in windowed mode on first run
- Minor localization fixes
To celebrate Halloween, a free demo of The Evil Within has been released on Steam as well, and saved progress can be continued if the full game is purchased.