Bethesda Softworks has unveiled the various pre-order bonuses for the upcoming sandbox-RPG Fallout: New Vegas that will be available at Amazon, Steam, GameStop, Best Buy and WalMart. In total, four different bonuses will be available, each exclusive to a particular retailer, with the exception of Amazon and Steam, which will grant a similar bonus to users who pre-order the game. Each of the packages contains a piece of armor, a weapon and consumables. Some will also offer specific items that can be reused, like binoculars. It is unclear whether these items will be available exclusively to those who pre-order the game, or if these items can also be acquired by means of conventional exploration or looting in the game.
Fallout: New Vegas is currently in development at Obsidian Entertainment and is slated for a release during Fall 2010 for the PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.
The four different packages are detailed further after the jump.
The Classic Pack, available when you pre-order through GameStop, contains:
- Armored Vault 13 Suit – Extensively patched up and dotted with piecemeal armor, this outfit is an homage to the classic ending of the original Fallout.
- Vault 13 Canteen – This handy device is useful for staving off dehydration and providing a small amount of healing in the Mojave Wasteland.
- Weathered 10mm Pistol – A well-worn 10mm pistol that packs an extra punch despite its modest size.
- 5 Stimpaks – Food and water are good for long-term healing, but when the fighting is fierce, Stimpaks help keep Wastelanders upright.
The Tribal Pack, available when you pre-order through Amazon, contains:
- Tribal Raiding Armor – Pieced together from scraps of armor, this outfit provides protection without impacting mobility.
- Broad Machete – This heavy-bladed melee weapon does high damage against limbs and can quickly deal out a flurry of attacks.
- 5 Bleak Venom doses – Useful on any Melee Weapon, Bleak Venom makes short of work of most living targets.
- 10 Throwing Spears – If you would like to silently pin an enemy’s head to a wall, Throwing Spears are the way to do it.
The Caravan Pack, available when you pre-order through Steam and Walmart, contains:
- Lightweight Leather Armor – This hand-modified suit of leather armor reduces its overall weight without impacting its ability to protect.
- Sturdy Caravan Shotgun – Despite its rough appearance, this Caravan Shotgun will reliably fire 20 gauge shells until the Brahmin come home.
- 4 Repair Kits – Useful for repairing any outfit or weapon, Repair Kits are a valuable tool for any caravaner.
- Binoculars – The Mojave Wasteland is a dangerous place, but with these trusty Binoculars you’ll be able to spot trouble coming.
The Mercenary Pack, available when you pre-order through Best Buy, contains:
- Lightweight Metal Armor – Modified for long-range travel, this Metal Armor sacrifices some protection for mobility and overall weight.
- Mercenary’s Grenade Rifle – Though similar to other 40mm Grenade Rifles in the Mojave Wasteland, this model has a faster reload cycle.
- 3 Super Stimpaks – When you absolutely, positively, need to keep your blood inside your body, Super Stimpaks fix you up in no time.
- 3 Doctors Bags – Mercenaries and broken limbs go together like Iguana-on-a-Stick and Nuka Cola. Thankfully, these Doctors Bags take a bit of sting out of the inevitable crushed skull.